Monday, October 26, 2015

It's been too long

So I know it's been a while. I posted about how things were about to happen, and then nothing. Well, it's because everything happened and life has been a bit overwhelming trying to get things back to normal.

First of all, the babies are here! Haha. It's now been 4 weeks, so I'd hope they made it by now ;)
Everything went incredibly well during delivery. Labor was 3 hours, and delivery was very quick. Both babies were out within 10 minutes of getting into the room. They are doing very well and I believe have been discharged and are "home" with Mom and Dad. They will be in town for a couple more weeks to finish paperwork, and then they all head back to their real home. I've been able to visit them a few times, and it's been great. I'm definitely going to miss the family when they travel back home, but I hope to go visit them some day :)

I left the hospital the following day and was able to spend Amy's birthday with her. Brandon and I took her to all of the places she wanted to go. After school, we got ice cream, then went to a place called JumpCity, which is basically a room full of trampolines, and then McDonald's for dinner. She had a lot of fun and was happy I was back home.

Cole stayed in daycare a few more weeks and is now back home with me full time. He doesn't seem to be missing daycare too much. I plan on trying to keep us busy, so hopefully that will help.

October in general has been quite the busy month for us. I did finish Amy's Halloween costume. She will be the cutest waffle in town, and she can't wait to wear it. Cole seemed to have a fear of putting on costumes. When we attempted to try any of them on him, he cried and refused. So we ended up getting him a Yoda costume, because it's basically just a robe and a headpiece. So we told him to put on his jacket and hat, and he was okay with those things. So we'll see how Halloween goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment