Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Winter is almost here

It's snowed a few times in the area so far. One of those was Saturday and it's actually still on the ground. Though with the high temperatures being in the 50's all week, I suspect it will melt pretty soon. Yesterday was a beautiful winter day. The temperature was in the low 20s, but the sky was clear and it was sunny. So it was cold enough to break out the pea coat and winter boots, but still warm enough to just feel nice and crisp, not too freezing. Amy loves walking in the snow. I'm not sure if it's the feel of it or the way it sounds under her boots, but she just wants to walk all over the place in it.

Unfortunately, with our new house, cold weather brings really cold temperatures to Amy's room. The warranty people told us this would happen, and now we are feeling it. There is something about the way our house faces, where the window is and the way the wind blows that keeps Amy's room several degrees colder than the rest of the house. I try to bundle her up at night, but I don't think it's enough. So today we bought a heater to hang on the wall in her room. It got great reviews being for a child's room, so hopefully it works well. I hate her being so cold in there at night.

On a side note, I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday and was then very disappointed when I realized it was only Tuesday. I am ready for this week to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment