Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween and more

I know this wasn't Amy's first Halloween, but it was the first one that she participated in. We got her a bunny costume, which was really adorable, but since she hates cameras now, we didn't get any good pictures. Brant and I took her trick or treating around the neighborhood while Brandon stayed home to hand out candy. Amy loved it. There was another group of kids out, so she copied them at the first house. They were all older kids though, so they were much quicker and got ahead of us. But after the first house or two, she completely caught on and had a blast. I had to tell her to say trick or treat at each door, but she attempted it. We went around about one block before she got tired and wanted to come back home, but she had a lot of fun out there. I can't wait to do it again next year.

As for her speech, she still isn't talking on a 3 year old level, but she is definitely getting better. It seems like she just finally decided she wants to talk, so she's made a lot of progress. I love hearing say words and describe things. After not saying anything for so long, I'm so proud that she finally is. Her last speech therapist was great and her new preschool seems to be helping a lot. I think hearing the other kids talk is bringing out the desire even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment