Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Can we put Christmas on hold?

I'm not at all ready for Christmas this year. It's in 4 days and I'm so behind.
I decided to try and make presents again this year. I thought a lot about particular people and what I thought they would like, and then I went to ordering supplies and getting to work.

Then, I got sick. This alone put a damper on everything I need to get done. But it all went downhill from there. One of my gift recipients ended up buying what I was going to get him online. I can't blame him, he had no idea I was planning on getting it. Another set of supplies seems to have gotten lost in the mail. Another gift that I have been working hours on, I am suddenly not so sure the recipient will like it at all. It's one of those funny-type gifts, and now I am thinking it won't be funny at all and will just be dumb. So I have little motivation to finish it. There is also a project that is taking longer to finish than I thought it would. A few more I haven't even started. And we are house/dog sitting starting tomorrow, so I have a very limited amount of time to do this since I can't take all of my stuff over there. I also really need to clean the apartment. It's taken a backseat to Christmas gifts and sickness, so it really needs it.

I'm still not totally healthy, so its taking me about twice as long to do anything as it normally would. I just want to be better already!

After tonight, I am just gonna accept that some people will not get their gifts on time and they're gonna have to be okay with that. Brandon's mom is coming this weekend, and I just want to enjoy the time while she is here without being stressed. Christmas should be a time to spend with family. It should not be this hard.

Okay, I'm done. I just needed a break from gluing and cutting and all that other fun stuff, as well as a place to vent. Back to your happy holidays.


Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment