Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hello July

It's hard to believe July is already here. June was quite the busy month and went by quickly. I think July will slow down, but we'll see how it turns out.

We've had a lot going on lately, but not too much to post about. Yesterday was the 4th of July, so we had friends and family over for barbecue. Then last night there was a city fireworks show that I took Amy to. Since it's summer time and the sun goes down later, the show didn't start until late (for her). So she was pretty tired. She loved the first 10-15 minutes of it. Then after 20 minutes, she asked me if the show would end soon. When we got in the car to leave, she was asleep before we even left the parking spot. She really enjoyed it overall though.

As for the babies, we had a brief check last week and they both are still doing well. They will do another growth check ultrasound next week, so I look forward to that one. I can definitely feel them moving a lot in there.
Thanks to my fantastic IPs, I had a prenatal massage last weekend, which was really nice. Carrying these two babies while running after my own two has left some tired muscles, so it was good to relax and have those feel better.

I've also had a lot of swelling this time around. The doctor says it's normal with twins because your body just produces extra fluid. Due to the swelling though, I think I'm getting pregnancy carpal tunnel. I haven't talked to the doctor yet, but after reading a lot about it online, it seems to be the issue my hands have been feeling lately. This, unfortunately, has been one of the reasons I haven't posted much. Sometimes, it's hard to get my hands to do things, and typing is one of those things.  I've been wearing wrist splints at night to hopefully help and when I see my doctor again, I will talk to her about other things that could help.

Also, one of the high risk doctors at the office where I do my ultrasounds told me that due to the babies being donor/donor, it ups my risk for pre-eclampsia. So I got a blood pressure monitor and have been taking that daily just to keep a close eye on things. He also told me some vitamins I could take that might help (definitely won't hurt), so I will be getting those soon. I'm very thankful that I have such a great medical team to monitor me and the babies during this time. It makes me feel a lot better about carrying twins and making sure we all stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment