Thursday, June 25, 2015

Meeting new people

The surrogacy agency I have been working with has been really great, and one of my favorite parts (other than their fantastic IP/surrogate matching skills) is my case manager. She's been so on top of things, always helping me when I need it, and being there for me in any way she can. Unfortunately, she lives in Chicago. This week she is visiting the Denver office though, so she came over to our house for dinner last night.

It was really great finally meeting her in person, and the kids had so much fun playing with her. She has such a lively energy and they fed off that like crazy. She also brought ice cream, so that just made Amy instantly love her :)

She's also vegan. I, not being vegan, wasn't sure what to make and scoured recipe books and websites for something interesting and delicious. I eventually came across something that led me to make up my own recipe. Vegan fajitas. I made homemade flour tortillas with cashew milk and just threw lots of veggies in them. I thought it turned out very good and was pleased with myself.

Before she left, Amy said to my case manager "Will you ask your mom if you can come back and babysit us?" It was quite adorable and we definitely laughed about that on her way out. Overall, I think it was quite a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment