Thursday, September 24, 2015

Freedom is fleeting

I was free. And then they decided to put me back in the hospital. This time I officially do have preeclampsia. Thankfully, it's mild, so we're not in any danger at the moment. The doctors decided that the babies will be healthy enough at 34 weeks though, that they don't want to risk anything with the preeclampsia, so I will be induced on Monday. I'm excited that we have a date in sight now, it's not just open ended. And I know their parents are very excited to meet them. So I think it will be good. IPs have been here for almost a week now, and it's been so great getting to spend time with them and getting to know them better. I couldn't imagine helping a nicer or more deserving couple have their family, so I'm very excited that we are almost there.

With Amy's birthday being next week, Melissa and Grandma Amy were planning a party for her at our house. I haven't wanted to plan one because I knew I might not be home. Thankfully, they stepped up and offered to take care of it for me. Now that I am in the hospital, they have decided to move the party here. I kind of feel bad for Amy that her birthday party will be held in a hospital room, but I'm also glad I will be able to be there for it. And I can try to make it up for her after I am home and recovered. So we're having a birthday party on Sunday in my hospital room!

I can't believe Amy is turning 6 already. My how time flies. She is definitely the best 5/almost 6 year old I know. She's so sweet, respectful (mostly), loving, fun, adorable, intelligent, and so many other things. I love that kid and could go on and on about her. Maybe I'm feeling extra sentimental since I am here and can't see all of my family at home as much as usual. Or maybe I just have kids who are that awesome. Either way... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment