Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Quitting Time

So I know it's only been a few days, but I've decided to phase out potty training. Or at least slow it down, a lot. When we're at home, I've been trying really hard to work with Cole on this. Unfortunately, we've been pretty busy, and haven't been at home much. This leads to confusing him with the training, and when we are home, it's not near as productive. So the whole process has been exhausting and stressful.

So I've decided that now is not the time to add extra stress or exhaustion into my life. To keep these babies healthy, I need to relax and be as least stressed as I can. One thing I can easily eliminate to help this along is potty training. And I don't feel bad because Cole is just barely turning two on Saturday. He's still young, we have plenty of time. I'll try again probably at the beginning of next year.

I'm proud of Cole for the progress he made, and I think if I could sit at home all the time and focus only on him, he could get it quickly. But life doesn't work like that, so we are changing it up. We need to do what works best for us, and right now it's to continue with the diapers and put potty training on hold. Now, if he requests to use the restroom, I will still take him and encourage him, but I won't be pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment